Model field: Publication link
The field Publication link allows you to make a reference link from one publication to another.
Default field settings
Every model field contains three basis field settings:
- Title: the title of this field, shown in the publication as the field label
- ID: the technical ID of this field, for API use for example
- Help text: this text will be shown to editors below the field
You can specify the publication model to create a reference to one or more publications of this specific model. Leave empty to refer to publications of all publication models. You can give in the minimum and the maximum number of publications you want to link.
It is possible to determine the display of this field in a publication yourself. On the publication model, you select the way you want to show a link field as a pop-up, an autosuggest, or as checkboxes/radio buttons. See examples of these three appearance options.
A publication link field has three options:
- Required: Make this field required
- Enable localization: Allow editors to manage this publication in multi-language
- Allow publications from all environments of the group: Leave empty when you only want to link to publications in this environment
Publications check the API IDs of the model fields. Making changes to existing model fields can lead to broken publications.