Model field: Content reference
The field 'Content reference' allows you to make a reference link from one content item to another.
Default field settings
Every model field contains three basic field settings:
- Title: the title of this field, shown in the content item as the field label
- ID: the technical ID of this field, for API use for example
- Help text: this text will be shown to editors below the field
You can specify the model to create a reference to one or more content items of this specific model. Leave it empty to refer to content items of all models. You can give in the minimum and the maximum number of content items you want to link.
It is possible to determine the display of this field in a content item yourself. On the model, you select the way you want to show a link field as a pop-up, an autosuggest, or as checkboxes/radio buttons. See examples of these three appearance options.
A Content reference field has three options:
- Required: Make this field required
- Enable localization: Allow editors to manage this content item in multi-language
- Allow content items from all environments of the group: Leave empty when you only want to link to content items in this environment
Content item check the API IDs of the model fields. Making changes to existing model fields can lead to broken content items.